10 Ways to Have a Better Week
We spent the long Memorial weekend shlepping boxes, arguing over who was doing more heavy lifting, and making roughly 1,128,202 hour and a half trips back and forth. As a result, last week was a hard one to get through– we were just drained, and trying to navigate our new temporary residence (hi Mom & Dad!).
We’ll be crashing here until we close on an old 1820s farm house in North Yarmouth, which should happen within the next month or so. In the meantime, here are some ways I’m going to set myself up for a better week ahead. I hope yours is stress-free, joyous, and that you have someone tell you they love you.
- Plan a few fun workouts. Write them down in a calendar or text yourself the days and times you’re committed to getting your heart rate up. Don’t write down anything you’re not excited to do. If you hate running, try yoga, rock climbing, biking, or just taking a walk. No matter what it is, make an appointment with yourself and don’t back out.
- Meal plan for the week! Sunday evening is a great night to do it- think about what you’ll need for lunches, healthy snacks, and dinners. Breakfasts should be fast, easy, and healthy (green smoothie, eggs + bacon, or avocado toast.)
- Plan for one activity that’s just for you. For me these days, it’s acupuncture. Trevor treated himself to a massage last week. Or, it could be as simple as heading to bed 30 minutes early to dive into a good book, or waking up 15 minutes early to try meditating. Do something that will help restore your energy.
- When you’re feeling stressed, take a few deep breaths and focus on 3 things you’re grateful for. I’m trying to work on complaining less right now, and I find that focusing on the things I love help recenter me during a crazy moment of my week.
- Find a mantra, and repeat it to yourself in the quiet moments of every day. It should be a positive and simple phrase.